Want an easy Paleo recipe that you can literally make with 5 main ingredients? Not only is it easy, but it’s also delicious and it will fool even the most avid dairy lover in your life. I happen to LOVE buffalo anything. When I went Paleo, I thought that I would never be able to sink my teeth, or better yet a chip, into a creamy buffalo chicken dip again. But thankfully, I was wrong.
It became my life’s mission to create a buffalo chicken dip that would not have me missing the “real” thing. And I say that loosely, because we all know that the buffalo chicken dip of our past has some ingredients that might just remove it from the “real” category.
This recipe is real: dairy-free, grain-free, paleo, and super craveable. Not to mention this can totally count as dinner. Trust me. Coming from a mom that has done this a handful of times with zero complaints from the family.
Paleo Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2-3 pounds Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs
- ½ Bottle Mild Buffalo Sauce *The New Primal is my preferred paleo friendly brand. Can use a whole bottle to make it extra spicy.
- 8 oz. Dairy-free Cream Cheese *Kite Hill brand is my preferred brand.
- 8 oz. Dairy-free Sour Cream *Forager Project is my preferred paleo friendly brand
- Salt & Pepper *to taste
- 2-3 TBS Chopped Green Onion
- Cook the chicken thighs in a sauce pan by covering them with water & salt and pepper. Braise/Boil them until tender and cooked through. About 20 minutes. *Can also use an IP pressure cooker alternatively.
- Drain the juices from the chicken and cool.
- Place chicken in a bowl and shred with a fork or hand mixer.
- Add the buffalo sauce, cream cheese, sour cream, and 1 TBS of green onion to the chicken and stir to combine.
- Place in a casserole dish and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with the rest of the green onion.
Serve and enjoy with your favorite grain free chips or crackers. I am a big fan of Siete Foods Dip Chips or Simple Mills Crackers. But you can serve this up however you please. Crudité anyone? This is sure to please for game day, snack dinners, or anytime that buffalo sauce is on your mind.