|A syndrome in which tissue under the skin and over the muscle, called fascia, becomes swollen, inflamed and thick. The skin on the arms, legs, neck, abdomen or feet can swell quickly.|
SYMPTOMS OF THIS DISEASE
- Pain, swelling and inflammation of the skin, particularly over the inside of the arms, and front of the legs
- Weight Loss
OUR DISEASE REPRESENTATIVES
Have this disease?
We are looking for someone to be the point of contact for this disease page. If you are interested and willing to help provide resources and support for additional questions about someone living with this disease, then please contact us here.
- BioEnergetics Practitioner
- Holistic Nutritionist
- Functional medical doctor
- Natural anti-inflammatories
- Muscle Testing
- Biofeedback Analysis: a natural health screening method
- Live Blood Analysis
- ESR Blood test
|1. Utilizing anti-inflammatory nutrients, supplements, herbs and foods|
2. Focusing on detoxifying the body. Toxins, viruses, bacteria, parasites, yeast overgrowth, chemicals, hormone disruptors, pesticides, overall toxic accumulation and pathogenic invaders are the leading causes of inflammation and disease. Cleansing the body, specifically the liver and the blood of these invaders while opening up the detoxification pathways will greatly reduce inflammation and even work to shut off the cytokine storm caused by inflammation.
3. Corticosteroids and drugs may work in the short term but long term they promote further inflammation throughout the body and thus can add to the problem.
BioEnergetics Balancing: Using energy to introduce the electromagnetic signature of the culprits (viruses, parasites, bacteria) to the body so it is able to identify and eliminate it. You body runs on electric signals and each cell has a charge. Over time due to toxic exposures, stress of life, aging, chemicals consumed in the diet, pathogens etc. the charge of the cells can be switched. Using electromagnetic frequencies charges can be restored and balance or homeostasis within the body and its tissues can also be restored. Balancing the body’s immune system, detoxification and eliminatory organs, digestive system, proteins etc. can go a long way for those suffering through chronic inflammatory responses. Balancing can also help restore the body’s own killing, healing and detoxification abilities.
Natural Anti-septics & Anti-inflammatories: To combat any microorganism or parasite that could be contributing to the inflammation and to use natural products to reduce and shut off inflammation cycles.
- Mimosa Pudica
- Pumpkin seeds (pumpkin seed tea can be especially effective)
- Manuka honey
- Tea tree
- Olive leaf extract
- Raw garlic
- Pau d’arco
- Oil of oregano
Rife Machine: Using electromagnetic frequencies to target and kill specific pathogens, that may be causing the inflammation. The rife machine can also be used to directly target and reduce inflammation, help eliminate toxins from the body, support organs and tissues and promote healing.
Detoxification: Toxic accumulation places great stress on the Gastrointestinal system, and other organs like your liver. Toxins and pathogens also aggravate and inflame the lymphatic tissue found within your gut which sets off a systemic inflammatory response that works to lower your immune system and strip the body of resources and energy. Toxic accumulation can add up quickly from simple everyday exposures. These toxins and/or pathogens, can quickly overwhelm the liver and lymphatic system, causing toxins and foreign invaders to spill out into the blood, exasperating symptoms and giving these toxins access to other areas of the body like the nervous system, while affecting the function of vital organs. Working to “unclog” these eliminatory organs is step one. There are many herbs and foods that can promote lymphatic drainage, as well as infrared saunas, dry brushing and movement/ exercise as your lymphatic fluid relies on the movement of you skeletal muscles to keep it moving. Opening up the eliminatory and drainage pathways is the first step to all detoxification, because if these systems are clogged and you begin pulling toxins from the tissues it can create a further “back up”, spilling more toxins into your blood stream and creating more symptoms. Focus on making sure your bowels are moving, supporting lymphatic drainage, and supporting the liver, and then slowly begin detoxification to reduce inflammation.
Nutritional Therapy: The diet can be a powerful tool to help de-load or unclog the Lymphatic system and the detoxification organs. The diet can also be a major source of toxic accumulation that could be heavily contributing to the initiation of inflammation. Working with a holistic nutritionist to eliminate toxic exposures in both the diet and lifestyle and to promote drainage, detoxification and to use food to combat any microorganisms that could be contributing to the inflammation problem is a great option.
Eliminating/ Reducing Inflammatory Or Toxic Foods & Environmental Exposures:
- Processed Sugars
- Whole grains
- Flour & refined foods
- Processed foods
- Eliminate pork (often contain pathogens and parasites)
- Fish (high in heavy metals and parasites)
- Toxins, solvents
- Birth control pills
- Heavy metals
- Olive oil
- Avocados / avocado oil
- Wild blueberries
- Other berries
- Leafy greens
- Walnuts / walnut oil
- Chia seeds
- Brussel sprouts
- Dried parsley
- Kidney Beans
- Coconut / coconut oil
- Probiotics (70% of the immune system is located in the gut so restoring microbiome balance is important and helps combat microorganisms)
- Selenium and other antioxidants combats oxidation and damage to tissues, and strongly influences inflammation and immune responses.
- Vitamin A (aids in the regulation of the immune system, and modulates lymphocyte activation and proliferation etc.)
- Quercetin (abundant dietary flavonoid that has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, among anti-allergic, anti-viral and anti-histamine properties)
- Omega 3 fatty acids (important inflammation and immune system modulators)
- Fibre (keeps bowels moving)
- Glycine (regulates inflammation and improves enterocyte function in the intestinal tract)
- Zinc (promotes enzymatic processes and is important for the development of neutrophils, natural killer cells, macrophages… among other cells of the lymphatic and immune system)
Heavy Metal Toxicity: Is a major source of inflammation and is very often responsible for chronic fatigue and neurological issues. Slowly and safely eliminating heavy metals is vital in reducing inflammation and combatting “chronic illness.”
Heavy Metals Detoxification Tools & Foods:
- Celery Juice
- Spirulina & Chlorella
- Dandelion greens or tea
Here are some great websites, authors, podcasts and other resources to help you navigate your Autoimmune Disease.
Heavy Metals: Bee Without Lyme
The Impact of Microbiome, Gut and Inflammation: Dr. Jill Carnahan
Manual Lymph Drainage: Maureen McBeth
Detoxification: Are you sure you’re doing it right: Bee Without Lyme
Lympathic Archives: Dr. Jay Davidson
Foods that Fight Inflammation: Harvard University
These are the women that have shared their autoimmune journey with us. Please take a moment to read some of their nrave, honest and revealing stories about their diagnosis, successes, hardships and their lives.