|Inflammation and weakness of the heart muscle caused by a viral infection (Coxsackie virus) that reaches the heart. Myocarditis can damage the heart muscle causing it to become thick and swollen. The heart muscle may be directly damaged by the virus or the bacteria that infect it. The body’s immune response can also damage the heart muscle (called the myocardium) in the process of fighting the infection.|
SYMPTOMS OF THIS DISEASE
- Failure to thrive
- Poor weight gain
- Feeding difficulties
- Cool hands and feet (a sign of poor circulation)
- low urine output (a sign of decreasing kidney function)
- Rapid breathing, and rapid heart rate
OUR DISEASE REPRESENTATIVES
Have this disease?
We are looking for someone to be the point of contact for this disease page. If you are interested and willing to help provide resources and support for additional questions about someone living with this disease, then please contact us here.
- BioEnergetics Practitioner
- Holistic Nutritionist
- Functional Medical Doctor
- Lyme specialist
- Naturopathic Doctor
- Chinese Medical Doctor
- Muscle Testing
- Biofeedback Analysis: a natural health screening method to pick up virus
- Natural antivirals
- Natural agents
- Immunosuppressive agents (western medical option)
TREATMENT/ Natural Options
Combatting Viruses: viral infections move through stages, with their goal and final stage of invading the nervous system and the heart.
Developing a plan to combat viruses usually starts with the diet, incorporating natural anti-viral foods that will combat the virus and eliminating the foods such as dairy, gluten and an overconsumption of meat that are inflammatory and also feed the virus.
Heavy metals, toxins, chemicals, pollutants, cigarette smoke, coffee, fluoride, chlorine, pharmaceuticals…. these are all toxic substances that have to be processed and neutralized in the liver. However, if you are experiencing symptoms and illness this is an indication that your liver is struggling to keep up. As a result it begins storing these toxins within itself… the problem is that all of these toxins listed are the primary food choices for viruses and will feed the infection. Reducing toxic and chemical exposures is therefore vital to combatting long term viral infections.
Energetic balancing, tapping and muscles testing are all extremely important and effective methods of working with and empowering the body to eliminate pathogens and invaders like viruses
Finally, there are a number of anti-viral and immune building supplements that can equip the body to fight off the invaders, strengthen the immune system, organs like the liver and help fuel the body on a cellular level.
Although antiviral medications are available, they haven’t been proven successful, however natural anti-viral supplements and nutrients have been used for centuries throughout the world and various cultures with great success.
BioEnergetics Balancing: Using energy to balance the cells of the body in order to re-establishing homeostasis. Energy can also be used to introduce the electromagnetic signature of the culprit, whether that is a virus, bacteria, parasite etc. in order to help the weakened immune system identify and eliminate the organism. The body is working to produce antibodies to combat the infection you are fighting, balancing the body to these antibodies will aid in this immune function, and help your body overcome the invader. Balancing of the bodies tissues, specifically the nerves, its proteins, enzymes, immune system etc. could significantly help to turn off this inflammatory response.
This is a much more successful method, to naturally support the bodies systems than using immunosuppressive drugs that may help in the short term but only serve to produce more damage in the long run.
Natural Antiseptics: to combat any organism that may be causing infection and affecting the tissues (viruses are specifically problematic here.)
- Manuka honey
- Black cumin seed
- Lemon balm
- Tea tree
- Olive leaf extract
- Raw garlic
- Pau d’arco
- Oil of oregano
Rife Machine: Using electromagnetic frequencies to target and kill specific microorganisms (like the Coxsackie virus), reduce inflammation, promote healing etc.
Detoxification: As you work to eliminate viral and other pathogenic infections as well as the accumulation of toxins in your system in order to address the Coxsackie virus, toxins of all kinds will of course begin circulating in the blood as you are trying to direct them out of the body. Ensuring that your eliminatory organs such as your lymphatic system, liver, kidney and colon are supported and functioning optimally before you begin the process of detoxification or killing pathogens is vital. Work to first restore function and homeostasis to these organs before you begin attacking viruses and entering into a detoxification protocol.
Nutritional Therapy: a holistic nutritionist may be able to identify foods or environmental toxins that are creating an inflammatory response in the body and contributing to the inflammation and damage of the heart. They can also guide you in utilizing food, nutrients and eating patterns in order to help heal and repair the gut, combat viruses, bacteria, fungus etc. and in building up the body’s immune system.
Eliminating/ Reducing These Inflammatory and Virus Feeding Foods/ Products:
- Meat, lunch meat, smoked meats
- Rancid Oils (trans fats, oils processed using high heat)
- Grains (wheat, bulgur, rye, rice if consumed these should be properly soaked and prepared in order for the body to be able to digest them)
- Flour (processed grains, which strip grains of their nutrients)
- Fish (specifically tuna, and farm raised fish)
- Processed foods, refined sugar, packaged snacks.
- Trans or hydrogenated fats
- Antibiotics or birth control pills
- Solvents and chemicals
Nutrients for heart health & to reduce inflammation:
- Antioxidants are crucial to combat oxidative stress and damage caused by the viruses and invaders, specifically on the nerves.
- Vitamin B12: as adenosylcobalamin with methylcobalamin, protects your entire body from EBV neurotoxin damage.
- Zinc: builds up immune system and enables white blood cells to seek out and destroy viral and pathogenic invaders
- Omega 3 fatty acids good fats: reduce inflammation and needed for building of cell membranes & maintaining cell integrity.
- L-Lysine acts as an anti-inflammatory to the entire nervous system by inhibiting and reducing EBV viral load.
- Magnesium: majority of people are deficient in Mg, it is needed to shuttle excess Calcium of the cells which contributes to disease and oxidative damage.
- Glutathione or NAC (very effective glutathione precursor): glutathione is a critical antioxidant and protector of the nervous system… it is used by the liver to clean and detoxify the blood.
- Probiotics: gut health is vital to full body health, ensuring a balanced gut microbiome strengthens the immune system, helps reduce inflammation and combat invaders.
*For more on anti-viral supplementation see the first resource below “Healing POTS Syndrome”
Heavy Metal Toxicity: Can cause extensive, chronic inflammation, which spreads to different areas of the body. Heavy metals are also the food of choice for viruses and other pathogens. Working to naturally reduce heavy metal levels is extremely beneficial, for anyone dealing with all levels of health issues.
Heavy Metals Detoxification Tools:
- Celery Juice
- Spirulina & Chlorella
Reduce EMF and radiation exposure: EMF’s from your wifi, cell phone, computers etc. cause cellular damage and mass amounts of inflammation, they also damage and destroy the good bacteria within the gut, compromising your immune system. EMF’s also feed and increase the proliferation of viruses and pathogens.
- Turn your phone on airplane mode when not in use, always hold it away from the body (use speaker when talking on the phone), and never keep it on your body when not in airplane mode
- Turn your wifi off at night. Night time is when your body facilitates cellular healing… the EMF’s emitted from the wifi drastically disrupt this process and prevent healing and repair.
- Use wired connection (ethernet cables) as opposed to wifi
- Use grounded charging cables
- Don’t live close to cell phone towers
Here are some great websites, authors, podcasts and other resources to help you navigate your Autoimmune Disease.
Retrovial Protocol: Klinghardt Institute
Detoxification: Are you sure you’re doing it right: Bee Without Lyme
Virus Protection: Medical Medium
These are the women that have shared their autoimmune journey with us. Please take a moment to read some of their nrave, honest and revealing stories about their diagnosis, successes, hardships and their lives.