|This is a neurological disorder where inflammation manifests in the nerve roots and peripheral nerves, as well as the myelin sheath over the nerves. With Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy, the body attacks the myelin sheaths.|
SYMPTOMS OF THIS DISEASE
- Loss of feeling in the arms and legs
- Loss of balance and/or ability to walk
- Reflex loss
- Weakening of the arms and legs that happens gradually
- Tingling in the arms and legs
OUR DISEASE REPRESENTATIVES
Have this disease?
We are looking for someone to be the point of contact for this disease page. If you are interested and willing to help provide resources and support for additional questions about someone living with this disease, then please contact us here.
- Neuromuscular Specialist
- BioEnergetics Practitioner
- Holistic Nutritionist
- Blood Tests
- Urine Tests
- Nerve Conduction Study also known as Electromyogram (looking for myelin damage in peripheral nerves)
- A Lumbar Puncture
- Muscle Testing
- Biofeedback Analysis: a natural health screening method
- Immunosuppressive Drugs
|Plasma Exchange and Intravenous Immunoglobulin.|
BioEnergetics Balancing: Using energy to balance the cells of the body, re-establishing homeostasis. If the body is attacking its own nerves, balancing of the bodies nervous system, proteins, enzymes, immune system etc. could significantly help. Disease, specially autoimmune disease indicates an imbalance and malfunction of the bodies systems. Balancing can be incredibly beneficial specifically for autoimmune conditions.
Natural Antiseptics: to combat any organism that may be causing infection and affecting the nervous system (viruses are specifically problematic here.)
- Manuka honey
- Black cumin seed
- Lemon balm
- Tea tree
- Olive leaf extract
- Raw garlic
- Pau d’arco
- Oil of oregano
Rife Machine: Using electromagnetic frequencies to target and kill specific microorganisms, reduce inflammation specifically around nerves, promote healing etc.
Detoxification: toxicity plays a huge role in disease… toxins can overwhelm and confuse the body, some can cross the blood brain barrier and affect the brain and nervous system, leading to neurodegenerative diseases and neurological issues. Detoxification is important for reducing inflammation, eliminating toxic irritants that could be harming the organs and systems and therefore plays a crucial part in helping the body heal.
Nutritional Therapy: a holistic nutritionist may be able to identify foods or environmental toxins that are creating an inflammatory response in the body and contributing to the inflammation and damage done to the nerves.
Eliminating/ Reducing These Inflammatory Foods:
- Whole grains
Nutrients for bone health:
- All the B vitamins
- Omega 3 fatty acids: needed for proper function of nervous system, reducing inflammation etc.
- Choline and inositol
- Calcium and Magnesium (needed for nerve conduction)
- Zinc (needed to balance copper levels, detoxify heavy metals and balance emotional behaviour and mood disorders)
- Antioxidants (to combat oxidative stress contributing to nervous system damage and inflammation)
- Probiotics (the health of the brain and nervous system are so intimately connected to the gut)
Heavy Metal Toxicity: One of the leading causes of neurological problems, and nervous system disorders. Working to naturally reduce heavy metal levels can prove extremely beneficial
Heavy Metals Detoxification Tools:
- Celery Juice
- Spirulina & Chlorella
Here are some great websites, authors, podcasts and other resources to help you navigate your Autoimmune Disease.
These are the women that have shared their autoimmune journey with us. Please take a moment to read some of their nrave, honest and revealing stories about their diagnosis, successes, hardships and their lives.